OK, so maybe you should have started implementing your grand study plans a little earlier in the semester – but now it’s time for some triage. Adapted from the hit article “The 22 Best Study Tips Ever,” here are some quickies to use in an academic emergency.
- Review your notes. This may seem too obvious, but it’s a good place to start when you’re feeling overwhelmed. Don’t be daunted by unfamiliar things. It’ll help refresh your memory and get you focused. Try reading them out loud to keep you on task.
- Review previous assignments and past questions. Be sure to figure out exactly what you did wrong in previous assignments, so you won’t make the same mistakes again. Also, be sure to go through past questions as they tend to reveal instructors’ interests (topics/style of examining and their expectations of students).
- Memorize less, understand more. Try typing out important concepts or assignments in your own words. It will help you figure out what you know and what you’re not sure of.
- Study buddies. They can help you get motivated, stay focused, understand topics from lectures you missed, and feed you with information you may not have time to study on your own. But don’t spend all your time with them. Some alone studies is also very important. Save the pizza until the end of the study session.
- Get off the computer. Look at your notes and your books. A change of scenery, even just for your eyeballs, can refresh your mind.
- Be a critical thinker. Apply your newfound knowledge to your own experience to draw conclusions and help you remember concepts. Don’t just parrot back what you’ve learned. Relating what you are learning to real life situations or personal experiences can help you remember things quicker.
- Find a quiet place to study. Tv room, noisy room, bad. Library, study room, good.
- Discover your best study hour – Are you a night owl or an early bird? Picking the right time of the day will make a huge difference.
- Be positive, even when you feel bogged down. Remind yourself why you’re doing this and how it’s going to help you in future.
WE WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR EXAMS! 😃💪📝💯
Don’t forget to share this important piece with your friends and wish them good luck too.