After a very competitive race, information reaching OccupyLegon and the entire university community indicates Ms. Esinam Seade and Mr. Richmond Dompreh as having won the university SRC elections runoff, as declared by SRC EC Rexford Opare.
OccupyLegon wishes to congratulate Ms. Esinam Seade and Mr. Richmond Dompreh for achieving this feat many have not lived up to. It is greatness indeed to be elected 2nd UG SRC Female President, after 9 years of having the leadership flow through the hands of males.OccupyLegon wishes to acknowledge Ms. Esinam that she was elected due to her competence, and not because of ‘feminism’. Many a people believe in her, her visions and her policies which resulted in her being elected as SRC President. Feminism does not win the war: competence, vision and foresight does.
In this fact, we will like to highlight on some of the major policies of TeamEsiDom for the student body, which we expect to be accomplished within the 1 year in office – August 2016 to June 2017.
• Work to improve upon the water service delivery in the residential halls and in lecture hall facilities.
• The LEGTUBE Project – Audio visuals of all lecture sections to be made available to all students to enhance revision.
• Revamping the SRC website.
• Embark on hunts for internship opportunity for students and also create an exit strategy for final year students to equip them for the job market.
• Provision of ‘study shelters’ for group studies.
• Collaborate with school medical service to provide first aid boxes at the various porters’ lodges for emergency in the various halls.
These and many other most feasible policies [in your campaign] do we expect to be seen and naturalized at the end of your 1-year tenure in office.
OccupyLegon also acknowledges and congratulates Ms. Dorcas Aboraa Sika Marfo and Mr. Ampofo Amoah Prince, the SRC General Secretary-Elect and Treasure-Elect respectively. You have achieved a feat you desired to achieve: now work towards making the feat THE success it ought to be – materialization of your polices.
OccupyLegon congratulates the elects once more, and prays them a student-serving time of office.
In the service of University of Ghana students,
Radio Univers 105.7fm
Entire Student Body.