Campaign For Children with Learning Disabilities (CLED) with support from Ananse e.V , under the technical counsel of Mrs. Dinah Kwadade aa/D Country Director in collaboration with Awutu-Senya East Municipal Education Directorate -Kasoa in Ghana have ran a two-day workshop for 100 teachers in the Municipality.
The workshop took place on Wednesday, 3rd -Thursday 4th February 2016 at Magg John Conference Hall, Kasoa-Ghana.
1. Dr Nana Ama Browne Klutse
2. Mr. Padmore Quansah
3. Mr. Adu Gyamfi – A reading specialist affiliated to Department of Special Education, Winneba
4. Mr. Charles Mantey -A special Educator and training officer Awutu Senya East Municipal Education Directorate
The workshop focused on the following topics:
1. Specific Learning Disabilities -Overview and causes
2. Identification and management of pupils with learning disabilities in inclusive settings
3. Identification of pupils with reading difficulties and remediation strategies
4. Ghana’s Inclusive education policy, principles and practices of inclusive education
The training outcomes include
1. The teachers learned how to identification of pupils with learning disabilities and manage them,
2. The teachers learned how do reading assessment, use letter sounds and how to blend sounds to improve reading.
3. Besides the participants were taken through practical ways of co-teaching, differentiated instruction, cooperative learning and peer tutoring
4. They also had handbooks for references and now understand tips for identification and management of learning disabilities; inclusion and are willing to work with children with learning needs.
To Volunteer or support CLED Ghana, contact them on email@example.com