LOPA LEGON TO CONTEST UG-SRC PRESIDENTIAL RESULTS IN COURT

law-books_1-960x450-960x450.jpg

LOPA, a pressure group based on a number of university campuses across Ghana, on Saturday afternoon, filed a petition at the office of the Chief Justice of the SRC challenging the results of the just ended UG-SRC elections.

The presidential portfolio which was decided in a runoff after all candidates failed to amass the mandated 50%+1 saw Daniel Otting Awuah carrying the day with an overwhelming 66.67% of total valid votes cast leaving his opponent, Sylvester Amoako with 33.33%.

LOPA Legon has evidence to prove there was some manipulation of the results and the declaration made by King-Nyamador Godwin on Thursday evening does not represent the true decision of the student body and has subsequently filed a petition to prove it.
Among the claims brought up by LOPA Legon isthat there was a calculated manipulation of software to outcome scenario of two votes is to one vote for all total votes cast which is reflected in the percentage of votes from the provisional results”

The Judicial Board of the SRC is expected to hear the petition within seven days.

By: OSWALD K AZUMAH

OSWALD K AZUMAH

Posted by OSWALD K AZUMAH

A student of the University of Ghana offering BA Political Science and English Article writer|| Student journalist|| Critic|| Altar server|| Peer Counselor # I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME

What are your comments on this post?

Top