FIRE GUTS ROOM AT COMMONWEALTH HALL – LEGON

fire.jpg

Room J32 at the Commonwealth Hall, earlier today, around 8:25am, caught fire after the students occupying it had left for their early morning lectures.

Other students in the hall upon scenting smoke in the hall decided to trace the source and discovered that fire was burning in room J32.

The cause of the fire was an overheated (likely faulty) rice cooker that was left on by one of the room’s occupants (name withheld) and gone for lectures. It took the intervention of two heroic students to keep the fire from spreading, with a fire extinguisher.

But for their timely discovery and intervention, the fire would have burnt all the items in the room to ashes and spread to other rooms and caused unspeakable damage.

Joshua. M. Ngula

Posted by Joshua. M. Ngula

University of Ghana

What are your comments on this post?

Top